Data Collection & Access
CorHealth Ontario’s Research and Publications Committee has policies in place to govern the use of CorHealth Ontario data. Research conducted using CorHealth Ontario data must have scientific integrity, meet privacy and security standards, use CorHealth Ontario resources appropriately and fit within CorHealth Ontario’s mandate.
CorHealth Ontario invites members of CorHealth Ontario working groups and other scientists to use CorHealth Ontario data for research, leading to publication or to meet academic requirements.
Member Access to CorHealth Ontario Data
The CorHealth Ontario Research Portal provides an electronic bulletin board for researchers to post, update and discuss letters of intent (LOIs) identifying topics for research and, ultimately, publication within cardiology and cardiac surgery, using CorHealth Ontario data to inform the research. The Portal also provides a data request form to access CorHealth Ontario data.
If you are a member of a CorHealth Ontario working group, you can sign onto the CorHealth Ontario Research Portal in the Member Section of the website.
Public Access to CorHealth Ontario Data
CorHealth Ontario’s Research and Publications Committee will grant access to the Research Portal to any researcher who is affiliated with:
- An established research organization
- A cardiac registry
- A national or provincial association representing cardiovascular services
- A funder of cardiac services or related organization
In addition, CorHealth Ontario data must be needed for one of the following research purposes:
- To meet the requirements of a masters of PhD thesis or other undergraduate of graduate training.
- To conduct research sponsored by a grant
- For scientific enquiry
If you are not a member of a CorHealth Ontario working group, and you would like to submit a confidential letter of intent to conduct research using CorHealth Ontario data, please contact our Research Portal Manager at email@example.com to request access.
Healthcare Cath and Primary PCI Forms
Primary PCI is defined as use of PCI as the initial mode of reperfusion with STEMI.
Please ensure all MANDATORY data collection fields have been completed.
You may complete optional data elements at the discretion of the CATH Lab Director.
To download a copy of the form please select the link below.
CCN Registry (WTIS-CCN) Access Policy & Form
Process to obtain access:
- Hospital Administrator must complete a New User Access Form and the User Access Agreement that corresponds to the system they would like access to (for example the CCN Registry or CRS). The forms can be found below and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Director, Clinical Registries will review and assess the application.
- The Director, Clinical Registries will process application within five (5) business days.
Upon notification of approval of application by CorHealth, the following will occur:
- A link to the online CCN privacy training module will be sent to the applicant which must be completed prior to accessing the CCN Application
- A Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) must be signed and returned to CorHealth.
- Training on the Applications will be provided through CorHealth (single and/or group training sessions are held throughout the calendar year at CorHealth or via webinars)
- If application is not approved by CorHealth, notification and explanation will be provided.
- Once privacy training is complete, the NDA has been received and the account has been created, the user will be contacted by telephone with the new username and password.
- Once username/password is received by the applicant, the applicant should log into the CCN Application, read the license agreement and click on the agree icon.
- CorHealth reserves the right to terminate end-user access in situations of misuse and/or noncompliance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
Any further questions from users can be directed to email@example.com .
Online Form – Access to CCN Registry and Custom Reporting Service
Data Entry Resources
CCN Registries Data Entry Reference Manual and Data Standards